An Institution that promotes an enabling environment for all Bhutanese to be happy.
Steer national development towards promotion of happiness for all Bhutanese guided by the philosophy of GNH.
- Guide and steer the integration of GNH principles in all policies and plans.
- Ensure the effective delivery of Five Year Plan Key Results.
- Institutionalize a robust National Monitoring and Evaluation System.
- Ensure the needs of vulnerable groups are addressed.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in policies, plans and programmes.
- Establish GNHC as a legal Entity for national development planning and GNH mainstreaming
- To guide long-term sustainable socio-economic development and strategies
- To spearhead five year and annual planning and guide public policy formulation
- To ensure that GNH principles are mainstreamed into plans and policies in cognizance of regional and international commitments
- To mobilize adequate resources on a timely basis and ensure equitable and efficient allocation
- To monitor, facilitate, and coordinate implementation of policies, plans and programs for effective delivery
- To evaluate polices, plans and programs on a timely basis and provide feedback and undertake corrective action.