The 14th Annual Bilateral Consultation on Economic Cooperation between Japan and Bhutan was held in Thimphu today, 15th July, 2019.
While Mr. Sonam Tobgay, Director, Department of Bilateral Affairs from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs led the Bhutanese Delegation, Mr. Kenko Sone, Minister (Economics and Development) from the Embassy of Japan in New Delhi led the Japanese Delegation.
The Bilateral Consultation meeting discussed on the following 4 Grant Aid Project proposals and 6 Technical Cooperation Projects which were provisionally approved by the two governments. The projects will be further submitted to the Government of Japan by the Embassies in New Delhi.
A. Grant Aid Proposals:
- The Project for Enhancement of Human Security through Promotion of Holistic Service Delivery in Mongar and Trashigang
- The Project for Construction of National Infectious Diseases Hospital, Gidakom
- The Project for Establishment of Medical Education and Simulation Centre
- The Project for Improvement of Broadcasting Services for Enhancement of Rural Development
B. Technical Cooperation Projects:
- The Project for Strengthening Integrated Temperate Fruits Nursery and Orchard Management System
- The Project for Creation of Institutional Capacities for the Local and Informal Business Promotion in the Rural Areas of Eastern and Central Regions
- The Project for Formulation of Master Plan of Air Transport
- The Project for the Formulation of Sarpang-Gelephu Regional Centre Plan
- The Project for Strengthening Quality of Medical Education
- The Project for Human Resource Development for the National Infectious Disease Hospital, Gidakom