GNHCS is pleased to re-announce the following vacancies for eligible national applicants for the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Project- “Supporting Climate Resilience and Transformational Change in the Agriculture Sector in Bhutan”.
|Employment type||Time Bound Project Based Contract.|
|Period of assignment||The selected candidate will be initially recruited for the period of one year and contract period will be extended based on performance.|
|Qualification||Bachelor/higher level in Civil Engineering specialized in Irrigation engineering. Preference shall be given to the candidates with MSc Post graduate qualification.|
|Location||GCF PMU Office, GNHCS, Thimphu.|
|Pay Scale||Nu. 80,000/- (Lump sum).|
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in:
- Planning and designing of Irrigation systems, including: intakes, transmission and distribution systems, pumping systems, reservoirs, infiltration galleries etc., in situations and contexts similar to Bhutan;
- Preparation of technical specifications, cost estimates, tender documents, etc., preferably according to RGoB and international procurement procedures or similar procedures; and
- Preparation of detailed design reports.
- Professional experience in the field of irrigation development.
- The expert must have proven track record of successful implementation of irrigation projects in the country/Bhutan.
- The expert should have experience in survey and design, quality control, construction management and ability to train other persons.
- Experience of managing projects involving studies for irrigation development, design of small scale gravity works, drip & sprinkler works and water storage structure/reservoir.
- Experience of managing a small team to undertake studies and design works will be essential.
- Experience of working closely with counterparts and providing training/capacity building.
- National experience of irrigation systems and strategies in comparable situations, including water demand management.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Water-Cad, or similar hydraulic design software.
- Language requirement- Excellent written and oral competency in English and national language
- Other required experience:
- Experience of on-the-job training and mentoring in irrigation and water supply skills.
- Knowledge of climate change impacts and resilience strategies.
- Experience of leading and managing irrigation and water supply projects and design teams.
- Survey and design knowledge using relevant computer aided software.
- Knowledge and experience in workshop facilitation, training, presentation and participatory techniques.
- Experience with writing of strategies, reports and assessments.
- Literate in computer applications.
- The expert is expected to report in English and thus will require fluency in this language.
- Possess the ability and commitment to work and give results with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and to coordinate and link with multi-disciplinary experts; and willingness to travel frequently to project sites.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in remote areas.
The interested eligible candidates are requested to submit applications along with the following documents on or before 21st September 2020 to HRO, GNHCS. For further inquiry, please contact Mr. Karma Wangdi at 17378087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection interview. ToR attached for reference.
- Civil service employment form;
- Copy of Academic transcripts(Bachelor/Master) and other certificates;
- Valid security clearance certificate;
- Copy of medical certificate;
- Copy of Citizenship Identity Card;
- Copy of relevant training certificates;
- Copy of extra co-curricular activities; and
- No objection letter, if employed.
Download ToR: Download here